RIIWHS205D Control Traffic With a Stop Slow Bat Renewal
What does this Course allow me to do?
On successful completion of this program and on approval of application to the Department of Queensland Transport and Main Roads (TMR), the trainee will be able to control traffic on a road way using a Stop/Slow bat in accordance with legislative requirements and guidelines set out in the MUTCD Part 3.
What is the Course?
Full day theory component (approx. 6 hours)
What are the Prerequisites?
To be eligible to attend the Control Traffic with a Stop Slow Bat training course a participant must:
- Hold QLD White Card or industry equivalent requirement
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). (If you do not have a USI, you will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment or a Certificate of Completion for the course.) Create your USI by going to http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
- Student must have held an Australian or foreign drivers licence within the last 5 years. (This does NOT include Learners Permit's)
- A criminal history check which will be carried out by the Federal authorities.
- A Current Traffic Control Licence
To apply for a Traffic Controllers Licence
On completion of the course successful students will need to apply to the QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads for a Traffic Control Licence, an additional fee is payable.
Full details regarding the Traffic Controller Accreditation Scheme can be obtained from the TMR website.
When applying for the Traffic Controllers License with TMR you will need to take the Certificate of Attainment as issued by our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to the TMR
What you need to bring on the day?
- Identification (Drivers Licence & White Card)
- Full PPE (long-legged pants)
- Long-sleeve Hi-Vis shirt
- Hard hat with brim
- Steel capped boots
- USI Number (see prerequisites)
- Pen, highlighter and notebook
Candidates who wish to undertake renewal training the following applies:
- Hold a current QLD Traffic Control licence
- Attend a renewal training theory presentation (approx. 4 hours)
- Undergo a theory assessment
- Undergo a currency and or practical assessment