RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
What does this Course allow me to do?
The purpose of this course is to provide the participant with the knowledge and skills they need to read, interpret, and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance with procedures set out in the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices Part 3 (MUTCD). In addition to those in Traffic Control, it is ideal for individuals who work on or near a road and is required under Workplace Health and Safety before placing signs and devices on a road.
What’s involved in the course?
- Theory: Full day in the class room with written and simulated activities.
- Practical On the Job Activities: Implement (3) traffic guidance schemes on a live traffic site with third party report verification and a traffic management log sheet. TMP can organise this for you.
What you need to bring on the day?
- Identification (Drivers Licence & White Card)
- Full PPE (long-legged pants, Long-sleeve Hi-Vis shirt, Hard hat with brim, steel capped boots)
- USI Number (see prerequisites)
What are the Prerequisites?
To be eligible to attend the Control Traffic with a Stop Slow Bat training course a participant must:
- Hold QLD White Card or industry equivalent requirement
- Possess an Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) of at least 2
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). (If you do not have a USI, you will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment or a Certificate of Completion for the course.) Create your USI by going to http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Please Note that attainment of this qualification does not allow candidates to operate a Stop/Slow bat. Candidates must complete a separate course, “RIIWHS205D Operate a Stop Slow Bat”, and successfully obtain a Traffic Controllers licence from Queensland Transport before they can stop traffic.
Candidates who wish to undertake refresher training the following applies:
- Provide evidence of current qualification
- Provide Third Party Reports on previous work.
- Refresher Theory 4 HOURS
- Practical Assessment on the day.